Meet the needs of all your students by attending this webinar sharing resources and tips for differentiation. Produced in partnership with the Texas Association of the Gifted and Talented. Join us to learn about working with tiered learning for all levels of students, including gifted and talented and those in special education.
Examine defining twice-exceptional and looking at the current research on, and definitions and characteristics of, autism, Asperger's Syndrome, ADHD, dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyspraxia, Tourette's Syndrome, and Irlen Syndrome. Learn gifted/special educator collaborator strategies and review the "20 Steps to Cultivate Lifelong Learning."
Educators/administrators at all levels
Strategies for working with twice exceptional students (do's and don'ts)
CPE Hours Completed: 1 hour
This webinar will be eligible for CPE credit toward the annual 6-hour Gifted and Talented certification update requirement.
Date Presented: Thursday, January 23, 2014 5:00 PM Central
Timothy Gangwer, M.A.
Timothy Gangwer, M.A.
- Taught 10 years in the Houston Independent School District
- Student Teacher Supervisor, Univeristy of Texas, Austin
- Certified National Diffusion Network Trainer, U.S. Department of Education
- Co-founder of the Visual Teaching Alliance
- Trained over 200,000 teachers since 1986
- Developer of six 6-hour TAGT-approved professional development seminars
- Author of Visual Impact, Visual Teaching: Using Images to Strengthen Learning; From Both Sides of the Desk: The Best Teacher I Never Had; American Holidaze; and co-author of seven books and numerous articles.
- Co-author of the English Works in America – EL Civics & ESL: Visual Communication Tools for Teachers
- National/international keynote speaker
- Former Visual Literacy Consultant to the Ministry of Education—Paris, France; Ministry of Education—Toranomon, Japan; Mediterranean Association of International Schools—Casablanca, Morocco; and the Association of International Schools in Africa—Abidijan, Ivory Coast
- Served three-year term on the Executive Board of Directors of the national program: IMPACT II—The Teachers Network
- Member of the Texas Association of the Gifted and Talented
- Award-winning songwriter with 10 published musical CDs
- Award-winning digital imagery artist, with published works in galleries, magazines and billboards
- Cover artist for the Association of Texas Professional Educators' ATPE News magazine
Please use the following form to register for this conference. You will
receive an email confirmation shortly after you complete the registration.
Don't forget to
add beaconlive.com to your whitelist!
If you are unable to register online or did not receive your confirmation email (don't forget to check your Bulk email folder), please contact our Registration Desk at 866-872-5840 (international callers please dial 339-970-0016). You can also contact us by email
For questions regarding webinar fees, contact Maggie Susong at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 777-2873. All registrants will receive a link to the webinar recording within two weeks of the event.