On-Demand Recording Now Available!
Cooking Demonstration Success Secrets: How to Plan,
Prepare, and Execute Brilliant Cooking Demos
Recording available for the webinar that originally aired on January 23, 2018
|Tuesday, January 23, 2018|
|Add to Calendar|
|2:00 PM Eastern||1:00 PM Central|
|12:00 PM Mountain||11:00 AM Pacific|
If you missed the Food and Health Communications webinar "Cooking Demonstration Success Secrets: How to Plan, Prepare, and Execute Brilliant Cooking Demos" you still have a chance to order the recording and get tips that will help you save time and avoid some of the problems that often plague many demonstrations. You'll learn how to identify your objectives, choose the right recipe for your audience, and handle the use of an unfamiliar kitchen.
Most people are visual learners, which is one of the reasons why cooking demonstrations work so well. They can be valuable additions to grocery store tours, health fairs, and trade shows, or for teaching disease prevention, employee wellness, and so much more!
But effective cooking demonstrations take a lot of planning and preparation: Who is your audience and what do they want? How do you plan and execute the demo so it is fun, engaging, and educational? What equipment will you need? Those are a few of the questions you need to ask yourself as you prepare a demonstration. And that's just the beginning.
If you know that cooking demos should be a key part of your business in the new year but dread having to pull them together, the latest webinar from Food and Health Communications couldn't come at a better time.
Find out how to create unforgettable cooking demonstrations when you purchase the on-demand recording of the webinar that originally aired on January 23, 2018. You'll get a thorough review of the "three Ps"—planning, practice, and preparation—and what's involved in each phase of the process. And come away with step-by-step instructions for putting together cooking demos that will teach your audience important nutrition lessons while further promoting yourself as a trusted expert in the field.
Whether you're a Registered Dietitian (RDN), family and consumer science educator, public health agent, teacher, foodservice manager, or any health educator —anyone who wants to understand how to create cooking demonstrations that can educate and inspire an audience—this seminar is exactly what you need.
Here is just some of what you'll learn when you order the recording of this comprehensive session:
- The "three Ps" of cooking demonstrations.
- Hot topics for 2018 and how to pick the right ones for your audience.
- How to impart important nutritional information during your demonstration.
- How to prepare for a demonstration in a kitchen that isn't yours.
- The importance of food safety during your demo: Showing and telling as you go.
- Mis en Place: How it can make or break a cooking demo.
- How to use cooking demonstrations to not only educate clients and patients but to successfully promote your business.
- Possible cooking demonstration disasters and how to avoid them.
- How to engage the audience during the demonstration—and after it's over.
...and much more!
Your webinar registration includes:
- A site license to attend this webinar (invite as many people in one location as you can fit around your computer at no extra charge).
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from our speaker.
- The opportunity to connect directly with our speaker during the audience Q&A session.
- Free PDF copy of The Cooking Demo Book.
- One (1) CPE Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Dietitians of Canada, Physicians Assistants CME Level 2 education, and ISSA Personal Trainers.
Judy Doherty, BS, PC II, is the founder and president of Food and Health Communications. Her passion for cooking began with helping her grandmother make raisin oatmeal for breakfast. From there Judy earned her first food service job at 15, was accepted to the world famous Culinary Institute of America at 18 (where she graduated second in her class), and went on to the Richemont Fachschule in Switzerland where she focused on pastry arts and baking. She was an executive pastry chef for Hyatt Resorts for more than eight years.
During more than 30 years of inventing new ways to look at food, Judy has been awarded such honors as The Culinary Institute of America's Pro Chef II certification, two American Culinary Federation Bronze Medals, ACF Hot Dessert Competition Gold Medal, and ACF Chef of the Year. She was an adjunct instructor for Johnson and Wales University in Denver and has taught many cooking demonstrations and classes. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree with Summa Cum Laude distinction from Johnson and Wales University.
WEBINAR RECORDING ORDER FORM
Please use the following form to order the recording of this conference. If you are unable to order online, please contact our Registration Desk at 866-872-5840 (international callers dial 617-502-2061). You can also contact us by email.
Use the form below to register online. All orders include printable handouts sent separately.
If you are unable to attend, you may cancel up to three days before the event and receive a full refund. And if you can't attend the live webinar, you can order on-demand access with one CPE hour and watch over and over at your leisure. Or get both and save $30!