Popular Healthcare IT Blogger
Rose Dunn, MBA, RHIA, CPA, FACHE, FHFMA, CHPS;
Holly Louie, RN, BSN, CHBME;
Edward Hu, MD, CHCQM-PHYADV;
Glenn Krauss, RHIA, BBA, CCS, CCS-P, CPUR, CCDS, C-CDI, PCS, FCS; and
MACRA, the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015, is back in the news. This past Tuesday, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released its anticipated MACRA proposed rule for 2018 – one that would exclude approximately 134,000 small providers from participating in the program.
Nonetheless, MACRA, which replaced the contentious sustainable growth rate (SGR), is the latest regulation to turn the healthcare industry upside down. Understanding how it will impact your organization and how you can be prepared for it is going to be essential for your future financial success.
Tune in to the latest edition of Talk Ten Tuesdays, when John Lynn, founder of HealthcareScene.com and organizer of the Healthcare IT Marketing and PR conference, will be our special guest.
Other segments to be featured on the broadcast include:
• News Desk: Holly Louie, the 2016 president of the Health Business and Management Association (HBMA) and the compliance officer for Practice Management, Incorporated, reports on this week’s HBMA meeting with CMS officials.
• RegWatch: Healthcare industry expert Stanley Nachimson of Nachimson Advisors will bring you up to date on the latest developments with the Senate healthcare bill.
• Coding Report: Nationally recognized health information management (HIM) authority Rose Dunn, past American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) president and recipient of AHIMA’s 1997 Distinguished Member and 2008 Legacy Awards, will report on MACRA from a coder’s perspective.
• DocTalk: Edward Hu, MD, current president of the American College of Physician Advisors and the executive director of Physician Advisor Services for UNC Health Care, will discuss MACRA from the physician’s perspective.
• CDI Report: Glenn Krauss, senior consultant at Federal Advisory Partners, will report on the important resources clinical documentation integrity specialists (CDISs) should be integrating into their regular practice of CDI to avoid self-inflicted denials.
• Talk Back: Program co-host Erica Remer, MD will weigh in on how MACRA and the QPP aligns provider and CDI interests.
All this and more will be coming your way on Tuesday, June 27, 2017 at 10 a.m. ET.
Talk Ten Tuesdays. More than just talk.™
Please use the following form to register for this broadcast. If you have any trouble accessing the broadcast, please call our Customer Care line at 800-252-1578 ext. 2 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you're already registered for Talk Ten Tuesdays you do not need to register again.
You will automatically receive logon information prior to the broadcast.